Wednesday 29 May 2013

Sunline Super Braid & Siglon V Mono Spooled Up

This week I have spooled up with a couple of new variants of lines I already operate with. Sunline Super Braid PE#2.5 30lb and the Sunline Siglon V Mono 4kg / 8lb. I also use both these lines on my Daiwa Ryoga 1016HL baitcaster, with the Super Braid in 20lb, and the Siglon V in 14lb.




The 30lb Super Braid has been spooled on my Van Staal VS150B. This is the first time I have loaded a line onto this reel. It does have a bit of an ugly shape to the line lay, which can be corrected by some hand winding of the backing onto the spool first. With a monster capacity, there is a lot of backing to put on! First attempt is by no means perfect, hopefully I will even it out better in future spooling. This line is going to get a good workout, with deep wading, submerged reel, in amongst the surf. I went with the Super Braid as I wanted something tough, reliable and up to the job.



The 8lb Siglon Mono has been loaded onto the factory spool of my Daiwa Ryoga 1016HL. I wanted a lighter version to compliment the 14lb I have, for presentation of smaller lures and weights. The 14lb has already proved itself to be very capable of fighting the Wrasse in amongst the rough stuff, so I am confident this 8lb mono will be more than up to the job. With the line coming in 300m spools, you can load up a couple of reels with this mono, depending on your reel size.




No comments:

Post a Comment