Thursday 7 February 2013

First & Last

Fished a short and sweet fresh water session today. Small morning weather window saw me shoot off with the Major Craft Bait Finesse rod, paired with a Shimano Calcutta 51DC loaded with some 10.3lb Sunline Siglon fluoro mainline.

Rigged up a 4" shad on a jig head, cast out into the deep water, waited till I felt bottom contact, then a slow retrieve, with the occasional pause. As the lure came into the Shallows, a take on the first cast resulted in a Pike on the bank.


Unfortunately, it was the case today, where the first cast resulted in the last fish of the session. I walked a short distance to where I have found fish to hold before, but nothing at home, with a variety of lures cast out into the water. As the forecast had predicted, the wind came up with some heavy rain, so called it a day. As I approached my car, I decided on one last cast, feeling ever hopeful. However I failed to spot my lure clipped a tree branch whilst powering out a cast, resulting in the worst backlash I have had to date. Nothing left but to try and sort it out back at home!





1 comment:

  1. Them's the breaks with multipliers. I'm a big multi fan. Using an old ABU Ambassadeur 2500c on light rods is great fun from the rocks. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete