Wednesday 22 August 2012

Evening Stroll For A Bass

Work has been manic of late, and free time is at a premium for me, consequently fishing has taken a bit of a back seat. With the tides looking good, a 2200hrs high tide, took the opportunity to fish 5 mins from my front door, walking a couple of fields down the valley to the creek. As I arrived around 1900hrs, the creek was dry, but I could see the estuary at the head was flooding quickly.


I walked to the end, and rigged up, using the Nories Slow Retrieve 7'3 (0.9-5g) rod, and a Daiwa 2506 Certate loaded up with a spool of Sunline Small Game Mono. Fishing this line straight through, allows quick and easy rigging, with no leader to tie, and the freedom to swap jig heads often without loosing any leader length. Fishing into a deeper channel, with the fast flooding tide swirling around a rocky outcrop, had a take on the drop, and a feisty little Bass motoring well in the current.


The lure it was taken on is the Ecogear 3" Power Shad, teamed up with an Ecogear 3.5g Iwashi hjig head. With no more takes, the light was fading, and I needed to make my way back up the Creek, wading waist deep as it had now filled. Took a couple of pics of the estuary just before I headed off in the evening light. Hopefully soon I will get the chance to put a proper session down, work permitting!



1 comment: