Sunday 29 July 2012

Light Jig Wrasse

Sunny weather and the start of the School Summer holidays, means busy, busy times at work for me on the Beaches of the South Hams. Fishing has taken a back seat, but I managed a quick evening session as the sun began to set. Fished with the Daiko Spear 2-14g rod, and a Certate 2506 spooled up with Sunline Small Game 0.6PE.

First off, had the Pollack going crazy for the little Jackson RiskBait surface lure, the fish flipping out of the water, as they pursued it. The flat calm sea was glassy, as the RiskBait zig-zagged across the surface.


I wanted to try out some of the lighter metal jigs I had recently got hold of. Slipped on the Daiko Tokon 9g version, and searched out the deep clear water in front of me. Fishing a slow sink and draw style, soon picked up a few more small Pollack. The rocks I fished from, gave way to some very deep angled gullies beneath me, casting short, and simply letting the jig fall back to me in an arc, no winding of the reel, as it came close to the bottom, the Wrasse were active, taking the lure. Also had a couple simply vertical jigging as well, letting the lure just make bottom contact before the fish took hold.






No comments:

Post a Comment