Monday 14 May 2012

Fishing Light = Fishing Fun!

Fished West Cornwall this morning in the pouring rain. Building winds meant seeking shelter down a cliff at a deep water point. Fishing with the light tackle, Daiko Spear 8'3 2-14g rod, paired with a Daiwa Certate 2506 spooled with Sunline RockFish 0.6PE.


Started off with a Nories 2" Shrilpen mounted on a 1.8g Ecogear Bottom jig head. Casting out, I had a take from a Pollack on the drop straight off. This was to be the pattern of fishing for a good while, the Pollock taking the lure as it fell deep. Some good fights from them, making deep runs, going well for their size. Lost count of how many I had in the end.



Fishing closer range, allowing the lure to reach the bottom, I was able to pick up a few Wrasse, with small twicthes and long dead pauses. The Daiko rod was really bending into them as they scrapped in the rough grounds.




The little 2" Shrilpen was battered and bruised after a few fish fights, a new lure to me, todays testing going very well.


Another new lure and technique I wanted to try was the Ilex B'eye 5g, a small dressed jig with a sinle assist hook. I mounted an Ecogear 3" Sansun onto the hook, for a little more attraction. This small jig casts extrememly well. I used it on the drop and jigged along the bottom. Picked up numerous Pollack and a few Wasse on it.



Looking to get out fishing again tomorrow, weather is looking better, but the winds could be stronger, so will have to see where I end up fishing. One thing is for sure, still not seen any Bass down here yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment