Thursday 8 March 2012

Nories Jig Head Snapper Rod & Ecogear Soft Lures

Recently I acquired a new rod for the collection, in the form of the magnificent Nories Jig Head Snapper. This rod is 7'10 in length, with a solid, very fine tip. Slightly longer handle than my other Nories RockFish rods, and this one is fitted with the Fuji K guides, with white whipping to the end eyes. This rod is able to read small LRF style lures, with weights down around the 1-2g range, as well as handling rigged lures to around 15g or so. A very sensitive tip, combined with some real backbone lower down, should prove a useful tool for fishing the soft plastics.


To go with this rod, I have also picked up some new softies and hardware. Particularly looking forward to trying out the screw in blades, to give the added flash and attraction to the lures. I have seen them in action, and they looked great. The BTS shads are new to me, and I have a feeling they will prove very useful for the Bass over the coming weeks, will be trotting them down my local estuary here in Devon and into the depths of the West Cornwall rock marks. The jig heads I have chosen to match up with the lures are a little more expensive than your average plain lead ball jig head, but these simply ooze quality, from the detail in the faces to the strong sharp hooks. The retaining sleeve on the hook shank looks like it will hold the lure on nice and snug. Finally picked up a very neat little lure box, to store up to 14 of my small plugs, up to 100mm, which is a size of lure I have found I am using more and more recently.

Ecogear BTS 4.5"


Ecogear BTS 3.75"


Ecogear Power Shad 4"

  
Ecogear Para Max 5"

  
Ecogear Screw in blades


   Ecogear Iwashi Head 1/0 5.3g/7.0g/11g & Ecogear Skip In The Shade 3/0 7g


Meiho Reversible 100mm Box

  
If you want to find out more about the rod, or like the look of the lures and hardware, then take a look at The Art Of Fishing site, and give Ben a shout. It's exciting times for Ben & Joe @ Art Of Fishing, as they are going to be opening up a new AOF shop in Plymouth later this month, take a look HERE for more details of the opening day.

No comments:

Post a Comment