Monday 23 January 2012

Testing Sunline FC Sniper Fluoro 23-01-2012

I have been hitting the rocky rough grounds recently, and the line I have been using and testing out is the Sunline FC Sniper 10lb. I have a spool of 150m loaded onto a Daiwa Certate 2500, and today it was coupled to a Nories Rockfish Bottom Light (6'10 7-15g) rod.


One thing I do love about using a fluoro straight through, is the time saved when rigging up lures, no need to tie and re-tie a leader, as is the case when fishing with braid, just thread it through the rod eyes, and tie your jig head direct, or Texas / Carolina rig etc... I find it means you are more willing to chop and change set ups and fishing styles, as you are not hindered by time out of the water rigging up.

Today I was mainly fishing Senko style worms, some rigged wacky with insert weights in the lure, some Texas style and a few fish were taken on standard jig heads. The Wrasse were particularly interested purple/blue Senko's, with some hard takes, fighting well in the deep kelp and rock strewn waters.





The Sunline FC Sniper performed really well, as it has done over previous sessions. I find it is great for abrasion resistance, a great quality when fishing for the toothy critters amongst their rough lairs. The knot strength proved itself today, when snagged in the kelp heads, clamping the reel with one hand and pulling straight, you could feel the hook tearing through, breaking free, the knot holding out. I also find I can run my drag pretty tight with the fluoro, as the stretch in the line (in comparison to braid) helps to cushion the hard fighting Wrasse, bringing them up in the water column, away from the snags. However, the stretch, does not mean a total loss of contact feel. It transmits well the bottom bouncing of a lure, the rocks, weed, sea bed, and the hits from a hungry Wrasse a very evident!

Don't forget, you have until the end of January 2012 to enter my competition to win some Sunline Momentum 4x4 braid (original blog post HERE) Entry is free,  all you have to do is email me the answer, and a winner will be drawn at random at the beginning of Feb 2012. 

1 comment:

  1. Great picture's as usual mate ...the colours on the dark fish are great looking

    ReplyDelete