Sunday 4 September 2011

Recently Acquired Gear

Over the last month or so, I have gathered some more gear, some of it new, some to replace lures that have been lost and damaged etc... First up, I needed to replace my very tired Snowbee XS Pro wading boots. Considering these were new back in January 2011, I probably got around 8 months of use from them, till the studs have pushed through inside the soles, and the external materials have worn far beyond what is acceptable!

So the new boots are the Patagonia River Walkers, combined with some Simms Hard Bite Vibram studs. Really impressed with the way they look, and my initial thoughts on the quality are pleasing. The soles look very grippy as standard, and the with the studs fitted, should make them into a rock hopping dream!





Have added some small lightweight lures, that can be used with the Nories Slow Retrieve 0.9-5g rod;

Ecogear SX40LC (40mm 2.5g)




Ecogear SX40LC (40mm 2.5g)


Ecogear MW72F (72mm 4.7g)


Ecogear MW72F (72mm 4.7g)


Yo Zuri Arms Minnow Micro (55mm 4g)


Have also 'beefed up' the LRF spool I use on the Daiwa ';10 Certate 2506. I have gone for the Sunline Small Game 0.4PE, along with the Sunline Siglon FC 8lb to help out with the Wrasse, as I have found myself using the light gear a lot when conditions allow, for chasing the Rockfish;



Some new lures acquired over the last few weeks, some new, some second hand;

Xorus Patchinko 100 Sun Sprat


Tackle House Feed Shallow 128 Wakasagi


Daiwa Shore Line Shiner R50+SSR FG Anchovy


Megabass Vision OneTen


Megabass Lates


Duo Tide Minnow 140 Slim



1 comment:

  1. Paul, the Ecogear MW range are amazing lures - perhaps some of my favourites.

    The colour/pattern on the MW72 above is my go to option on gin clear days.

    Those boots look cool as well! I'd be interested to hear how they stand up to the rock hopping.

    ReplyDelete