Tuesday 20 September 2011

LRF Wrasse On The New Rod 19-09-2011

After picking up the new rod, went straight to my South Coast estuary mouth spot, to get the rod into it's first session, with a bit of shelter from the building winds. Rigged up with the '10 Certate 2506 with Sunline Small Game 0.4PE, and a 3" Senko, Texas rigged with a straight shank hook, used weedless. My first attempt at fishing with this hook style. Found the Wrasse straight away, and the action was good over the dropping neap tide, amongst the rock and weed. After a few fish, the Senko was looking ragged, so rigged up with a 3" Jackson Delicious shiner on a size 4 EWG weedless hook, 2g sinker. A favorite of mine for targeting Wrasse, again straight in, with a total of 10 fish for the day over a couple of hours, no monsters, but some of them took line well, and put a good bend in the light rod. Few of the fish below;






First impressions of the rod are good, but I new they would be! I will get a few more session under my belt with it, draw some conclusions and comparisons, but I think it will sit nicely in my current rod range.

No comments:

Post a Comment